The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has bought four bulletproof buses as it tries to convince other teams to shed their security apprehensions and visit the country. Pakistan has largely been shunned by teams since 2009 when gunmen attacked a bus carrying Sri Lankan cricketers, injuring six players and killing six security personnel and two civilians. The incident has forced Pakistan to play their 'home' matches at the United Arab Emirates and the country has since remained starved of international cricket at home, barring Zimbabwe's limited-overs tour in 2015.
ICC had clarified that BCCI would keep the hosting rights of the tournament even if it is moved out of India.
Delhi Capitals still reported COVID-19 cases in their camp but the tournament chugged along.
'The explosive English opener is on his way to the #Risers camp.'
Sri Lanka has emerged as the likely venue for the much-awaited Indo-Pak bilateral cricket series and an official announcement may be made on November 27.
It will not be the first time that the competition has had to be held outside India.
Pakistan will play back to back "home" series against South Africa and Sri Lanka in the United Arab Emirates starting in October.
India are scheduled to play a bilateral series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates in December.
Michael Kasprowicz quits Cricket Australia Board
Pakistan Test captain Misbah-ul-Haq will quit international cricket after the three-Test series in West Indies beginning later this month, the veteran batsman announced on Thursday.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan claimed that he will be going to India later this week to convince the Indian government to allow restoration of bilateral cricket between the two countries.
England are to play three home Tests against Sri Lanka next year and four against Pakistan.
Nepal became the latest nation to join the One-day International (ODI) club, securing their 50-overs status for the first time at the ongoing ICC World Cup Qualifiers in Zimbabwe.
Afridi reckoned a good start could take the 1992 champions all the way to the July 14 final at the Lord's.
Injury-prone all-rounder Shane Watson has been ruled out of Australia's entire series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates with a calf injury, the country's cricket board said on Sunday.
The remainder of the suspended Indian Premier League season will have to be played outside the country, Board of Control for Cricket in India said, though it is unclear whether a window can be found to play the outstanding 31 games.
West Indies captain Jason Holder says coming to England for a Test series in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic is neither dictated by money nor a sense of adventurism but the move is a genuine effort to bring back normalcy. West Indies players arrived in the UK on Tuesday for a three-match Test series, starting July 8 at Southampton in a 'bio-secure' environment. It will be cricket's first international engagement since mid-March when the coronavirus pandemic halted all sporting action.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)has sought the permission of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to play their proposed bilateral series with India on a mutually agreed neutral venue.
Pakistan wicketkeeper-batsman Umar Akmal has been given the green light to resume playing after suffering a fit while on duty for Barbados in the Caribbean Premier League last month.
Chapman, Astle picked in New Zealand T20 World Cup squad; Veteran Ross Taylor ignored.
Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Shaharyar Khan has said that the PCB has been working on a back up plan if India refuses to play the bilateral series in the United Arab Emirates in December.
Batsman Darren Bravo has been dropped from the West Indies squad in Zimbabwe for a triangular one-day international series because of "unacceptable behaviour", the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) said on Saturday.
'We continue to urge decision makers to work with FICA at global level, and players' associations at domestic level, to develop joint solutions to issues ... many of which are likely to be exacerbated by the current global situation.'
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is expecting to play atleast six home and away Test series against India in the next eight-year FTP cycle between 2015 and 2023 which will also include an "off-shore" home series in the United Arab Emirates.
With the Pakistan Cricket Board indicating that it may raise the issue of India not agreeing on a bilateral series in the United Arab Emirates with the International Cricket Council, the cricket world body's president Zaheer Abbas on Monday made it clear that they cannot be compelled to play against each other.
With uncertainty hanging over the resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties later this year, PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan has said that they have an alternate plan in hand if the proposed series against the neighbours in the United Arab Emirates does not materialise.
The ICC has decided that a revised version of a more robust and strengthened ICC Anti-Corruption Code will be submitted for approval at the January 2014 meeting, it was decided on Saturday.
Ponting shrugged off Australia's injury worries and the idea of there being risk in rushing Smith and Warner into the team.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will reportedly not renew current coach Dav Whatmore's contract, when it expires ahead of the Asia Cup in late February 2014.
Organisers are confident West Indies will take part at the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand early next year despite the crisis caused by their withdrawal from the tour of India earlier this month.
The Sri Lankan team, which arrived hours after a delegation of its security experts had checked in, was taken directly from the old Karachi airport tarmac to the VIP lounge amid heavy security.
Capitals Chairman Parth Jindal said the BCCI should look at compensating the franchises.
Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore will not seek an extension to his two-year contract when it expires in February, the Australian has told the Pakistan Cricket Board.
Pakistani selectors have named experienced opener Taufeeq Umar and senior batsman Younis Khan in a 19-member squad for the two-Test series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates, starting next week.
Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Shaharyar Khan on Monday admitted that the planned series between the two nations in the United Arab Emirates in December is in 'real danger' and said that he plans to travel to India next month to discuss the issue.
India captain Harmanpreet Kaur said the clash, which means players will have to choose one competition or the other, was a loss for both leagues.
New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White said the country would now also need to accept they were no longer immune from acts of extreme violence and that would need to be factored in when they hosted sports events and teams.
Involving the tainted trio of Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir will be 'extremely dangerous' for the reputation of the inaugural Pakistan Super League (PSL), former captain Ramiz Raja has said.
The Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Najam Sethi is confident that Pakistan and India can play a short bilateral series after the Indian Premier League (IPL) this summer.
Pooran was last seen in action for Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) in the IPL, scoring 353 runs from 14 matches.